IT Practice is looking for an energetic and experienced B2B Sales Representative to join our company to build and develop its sales force. This is a ground-floor sales position, meaning there is tremendous growth opportunity moving forward with immediate income opportunity and long-term growth.
Part of our work is to understand where our customers want to be down the road—one, two, even five years from now. We design solutions that meet their objectives today and can be built upon over time as their needs change. By staying aware of where technology is headed, we can make sure they are prepared for the next advance.
While we all bring different skills to IT Practice, there are a few traits that all of us share—a love of technology, a curiosity for what is yet to be discovered, and an enthusiasm for helping our clients grow their business with the solutions we create for them.
The right candidate is responsible for prospecting potential new clients and working with a sales engineer to close Managed IT services contracts. This includes actively calling prospects over the phone, networking, light door to door (as needed), preparing proposals and quotes, and being a part of the entire sales process. You can develop your own areas of market focus and lead generation mix but setting appointments via phone is essential. High Call Volume on the front end.
Base salary of $45,000 plus monthly activity bonus and commission ($75-100K potential in the first year)
- Plans and organizes their day to be most productive including proposal creation, making
presentations and cold calling
- Relationship building with prospects through different prospecting methods/lead generation
- Aggressively identify qualified opportunities
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Generate business and meet quota with prospecting activity and sales goals
- Maintain records of key business intelligence with key influencers and decision-makers.
- Must have the ability to cold call, prospect, and convert calls to actual sales activities
- Must be driven to build a book of business and leverage all methods of generating leads (networking, speaking associations, etc.)
- Adept in developing and maintaining business relationships with all leadership positions
- Computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Office, and familiarity with the Internet required
- Familiar with IT services/Professional Services a plus
- Education: Minimum associate or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent job experience)
- 3-5 years of successful business to business sales experience
- Proven ability to reach, access, and secure meetings with appropriate decision-makers