To our customers and business partners:
As a business associate of offices that are affected by the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), we are aware of the regulations that pertain to our role in the installation, integration, and support of your system. Therefore, as a contractor, it is the policy of IT Practice, Inc. to comply with HIPAA standards that relate to our systems.
- IT Practice, Inc. is responsible for complying with all HIPAA policies, as related to our interaction with your office
- IT Practice, Inc. will ALWAYS treat all information received in the course of our interaction with your office, related to all client information, as confidential, privileged information
- IT Practice, Inc. will not access information stored in your system unless it is a systematic step in the troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance of your information system
- IT Practice, Inc. will not disclose information regarding your clients outside of the boundaries of troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance of your information system
- Any passwords used by IT Practice, Inc. will be kept in the strictest of confidence. Access will be limited to a need-only basis
- IT Practice, Inc. will maintain a policy of locking computers that have sensitive client information on them
- IT Practice, Inc. will NOT transport client information, whether electronically or in paper form, except for the purposes of troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance of your information system
- IT Practice, Inc. will NOT e-mail patient information, except when necessary for the troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance of your information system
- Upon cessation of our contracted work with an office, IT Practice, Inc. will maintain the confidentiality of any information learned
It is the policy of IT Practice, Inc. that each of our technicians, sales, support, & all customer-related staff are bound by this statement. Please feel free to print this document and add it to your files.
IT Practice has used TMC to handle all of our HIPAA compliance training and support. If you are interested in them for your business, please see below:
Total Medical Compliance (TMC) offers OSHA and HIPAA compliance solutions for healthcare and related business industries. They offer onsite and web-based products, as well as services and support, to allow their clients to structure a program that best fits their needs. TMC can put a customized compliance program in place that assures total compliance. You can contact TMC by using the following link: www.totalmedicalcompliance.com